San Diego County Fair: What’s New
Food at San Diego County FairNew Food and Rides
There’s always something new to eat at the San Diego County Fair. We’re famous for deep-frying all sorts of foods, but we also have some new treats that are a little healthier, too. We may be adding to this list, so check back!
Scroll down to read about our new features in Rides and Games.
• Calamari Stand: Blue Mussels
• Pat’s Pizza on the Concourse: Oven Baked Sandwiches
Deep Fried Butter Stand (formerly Heart Attack Café; near AgriFair and the Infield Bridge)
• Deep-Fried Beer-Battered Bacon Bliss — Strips of thick-cut bacon dipped in a zesty batter and fried till extra crispy and paired with ranch and BBQ sauce. • Deep-Fried, Chocolate-Covered Bacon on a Stick — dipped in pancake batter, deep fried and served with whipped cream.
• Deep-Fried Pigs in a Blanket — thick-cut bacon, dipped in pancake batter, then deep fried and served covered in butter and syrup.
• Chocolate-Covered Corn Dog — a hot crisp corn dog dipped in rich, thick, semi-sweet chocolate and covered with rainbow sprinkles.
Chicken Charlie’s near AgriFair:
• Fry BBQ Ribs — a slab of ribs cut into individual fingers, tossed in Chicken Charlie’s famous flour and fried, then tossed in homemade BBQ sauce infused with special seasonings.
• Deep-Fried Kool-Aid — Kool-Aid mixed with Charlie’s sweet batter, then fried like donut holes, then decorated with a cherry flavored powdered sugar.
• Deep-Fried Brownie — Start with the freshest and best brownie money can buy, dipped in homemade sweet batter and fried until golden and crispy, then slathered in more chocolate.
• Deep-Fried Girl Scout Cookies — Start with everyone’s favorite Girl Scout Cookie, the Thin Mint. That’s dipped in homemade sweet batter and deep fried, then decorated with chocolate sauce and powdered sugar.
Del Mar Diner in Plaza de México:
• “Cornucopia!” – Deep-Fried Corn on the Cob
• “Hash Dog” – Crispy Golden Hash Brown Corn Dog
• “Sweet Dog” – Tasty Sweet Potato Corn Dog
Note: Small versions of the Hash Dog and Sweet Dog will be offered on Taste of the Fair Tuesday, where you can get “taster” portions of favorite Fair foods for $2.00. On PennySaver Value Day (Fridays), a 2 for 1 coupon for Cornucopia will be included in the PennySaver book given out at the entrance gates.
And More Deep-Fried Delicacies:
• Juicy’s: Deep-Fried Beef Jerky
• Funnel Cake Express: Deep-Fried Candy Kabob
• Mexican Funnel Cake Stand: Deep-Fried, Baby-Ruth-Filled Jalapeños
New Food Booths:
• Pink’s is coming to the Fair! Located outside Bing Crosby Hall, this Hollywood legend (since 1939) will be serving up their famous hot dogs, such as the “Rosie O’Donnell Dog”, a 7-inch Hoffy all-beef hot dog topped with mustard, onions, chili and sauerkraut; and the “Martha Stewart Dog,” a 7-inch Hoffy all-beef hot dog topped with relish, onions, bacon, chopped tomatoes, sauerkraut and sour cream. Also, Polish Dogs, chili dogs and many more!
• Everything Cheese, a kid-friendly booth in the Infield near Kiddieland, with kid-sized pizzas, mac and cheese cups, deep-fried cheese curds, mozzarella sticks, grilled cheese sandwiches, baby carrots with ranch dressing, celery sticks and juice boxes, plus much more.
See the Fair’s Fair Food page for more information about the wide variety of food sold at the Fair, plus some surprising food and beverage experiences you might not be aware of!
New Rides, New Game Promotion
New Ride at San Diego County FairWindstorm and Rock-It are the newest additions to the Fair’s Fun Zone. Windstorm is a roller coaster, making it the third coaster at the Fair. It’s intense, with dips, twists and drops, and it reaches speeds of up to 60mph. Rock-It (pictured) is an extreme thrill ride that takes you upside down at 80 feet in the air and twists and turns you in all directions.
Kiddieland has added Daytona Truck.
You can save on midway games for the first time with our new Try Your Luck For A Buck days on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Or, buy game sheets, 20 coupons for $20.00, to play for a buck any day. More info on the Best Pass Ever page.
See the Fair’s Rides & Games page for more information about the 80-plus rides in the Fun Zone and Kiddieland.
Del Mar Fairgrounds, 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd, Del Mar, CA 92014