‘Tis the time to be green so I wanted to pass the word along…
Christmas Light Trade-in
Bring in your old, broken or used incandescent holiday light strings to your local The Home Depot store for recycling. Get a discount for each recycled string on a single receipt, in-store purchase of LED lights. Limit 5 discounts per customer.
- Use 80% less energy than traditional incandescent holiday lights
- ENERGY STAR qualified
- Can last up to 10 times longer than traditional incandescent lights
- Cool to the touch, reducing the risk of fire
- Do not have moving parts, filaments or glass, so they are much more durable and shock-resistant than other lights
- The amount of electricity consumed by just one 7-watt incandescent bulb could power 140 LEDs- enough to light two 24 foot strings
With those benefits we make it easy to Save Green Live Green. Also don’t forget that November 15 is “America Recycles Day” so make sure to get out and participate. Take care and Happy Holidays.
Get your glow on with these eco-minded LED, solar, and rechargeable lights. Sunset.com
Swap incandescents for LEDs at Christmas light trade-in – latimes.com