Try these family recipes from YouTube sensation Betty Givan. Featured on ABC’s 20/20 last week, bettyskitchen is a YouTube channel I’ve been telling everyone about. I am so happy to see her reaching so many satisfied fans, on national television! I’m sure you will fall in love with her too.
As her description reads: Betty, a retired math professor, demonstrates her favorite recipes. Most of the recipes are Southern homestyle cooking. Betty’s husband, Rick, operates the camera, and gives a lot of help and support to bettyskitchen.
In this video, Betty demonstrates how to make an elegant party dip of peaches with sour cream and brown sugar (also with a nip of rum!). You *can* make this a party for one–yourself! Below is another peach recipe from the spot last week on 20/20. Click the title link for more recipes from that episode. Enjoy ya’ll.
(2) 1 lb. 5 oz. cans peach pie filling (total of 42 ounces)
16 oz. sour cream
1 ½ cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
18.25 oz. box white cake mix
½ cup butter, cold and in slices
½ cup chopped pecans
- Pour (2) 1 lb. 5 oz. cans peach pie filling into a 13-inch by 9-inch by 2-inch baking dish. Spread until even. Set aside.
- In a medium pot, mix 16 oz. sour cream with 1 ½ cups firmly packed light brown sugar. Place over low heat and stir until brown sugar dissolves.
- Spread sour cream-brown sugar mixture over peach pie filling layer.
- In a large bowl cut ½ cup butter into an 18.25 oz. white cake mix until it is the texture of coarse cornmeal.
- Add ½ cup chopped pecans and sprinkle topping evenly over the two layers in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees (F) for 25 minutes.
- Let cool 15 minutes to one-half hour. For best results, serve while warm.