>I enjoy driving trips, getting on the road and forgetting about lists of to-do’s. One of my favorite drives is to Julian and back. Its a little under two hours from the Mission Hills area of San Diego to Julian, CA. I like to drive up through Ramona and stop at Dudley’s Bakery in Santa Ysabel. I’m a sucker for the monkey bread! The windy road up to Julian brings you to a quaint four stop sign. You are now in the center of Julian. Stop by Julian Realty at say Hi to Dennis Frieden, who used to be my boss at First Mission Properties on the corner of W. Washington and Goldfinch streets. Eating at Romano’s Dodge House is a treat: get an Appletini and the Chef’s Choice Dinner, amazing home cooked flavorful food! For dessert I head over to my favorite apple pie in the world, the Julian Pie Co. They offer a green back yard to eat in, and nice rocking chairs out front. Walk it off at the Julian Cemetery and smell the blooming lilacs in April/May, wander the used bookstore and funky antique shop – you are sure to pick up something wonderful. Drive home via Lake Cuyamaca and loop back to Mount Laguna on Sunrise Highway back in through Alpine – you might be lucky and catch a lovely sunset. Below are pics from my last trip. Enjoy!
- RT @shellyhiddleson: "@IKEA_SanDiego: IKEA bag giveaway utsandiego.com/news/2012/may/… via @utsandiego" #fb 4 years ago
- "@TerraSD: Nice pic..“@RecipeGirl: Skillet Mac n Cheese at @TerraSD instagr.am/p/J_RrZuMfdB/”" 4 years ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/r22sraLQQ_E?a JELL-O Layered Lemon-Grape Bites 5 years ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/_zdggSxCd-k?a JELL-O Mosaic Dessert Bars 5 years ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/l9nbhzKaqvA?a 6 year old BEAUTY QUEEN 5 years ago
Top Posts + Pages
Posts About Mission Hills
Here are a few images from Mission Hills Nursery today hosting the annual Mission Hills Garden Walk. I will post a link to more pictures in the future, enjoy.
I stopped in to Le Bel Age for a last minute Mothers Day gift and was happy to find this great bag with a punch of color for under $50… with a loop on the front for your sunglasses and enough room to talk your ipad in. I bought this along with some fancy blue-green […]
Christmas Eve Holiday Lights Around Mission Hills, 92103. Happy Holidays. http://www.missionhillslife.com
We took the bogs on a walk to the park last Saturday. They love the sights and sounds of the serene trails. This time we took the center paved walkway along the backside of the Serra Museum which takes you along the back around to the front for a great sunset view. As you can […]
Saturday was wet weather so once the sun came out I couldnt wait to get out and enjoy the warm fall weather. Here are some fotos from the rain and after, some yummy food we ate and a walking trip. Enjoy! Stormy Pringle Street Looking West Sunset Pringle Street West Taste of the Himalayas see […]
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Patio Pop: Neon Accents for Outdoor RoomsPatio Pop: Neon Accents for Outdoor Rooms
- Shades of Gray: Kitchens That Make a StatementShades of Gray: Kitchens That Make a Statement
- Photos-Outdoor Pond IdeasWater attracts varied critters, birds and insects. Check out these inspiring outdoor ponds. Enjoy Best Ponds from Readers' Yards | Best Ponds from Readers' Yards | This Old House Mobile
- Rustic chic neutral palate inspires accessoriesLove the pink chair and #Fortunay pillows. Enjoy the rest of the pics in the post. Very #homchicPHOTOS SOURCE: heirloom philosophy heirloom philosophy: Antiques and Design Center: Sneak Peek
I have launched a life style newsletter...theshinysquirrel: I have launched a life style newsletter called THE RABBIT HOLESUBSCRIBE HERE
- All I want in life is love and my farmhouse.All I want in life is love and my farmhouse.